Sunday, August 12, 2012

Recap: Fabulous Words and Wardrobes at the National Poetry Slam

Hi all.  Some of you may not know, but another one of my passions, in addition to fashion, is poetry.  I have been writing since I was a kid, but have only just started sharing it and participating in slam poetry for the past 4 years.  I had the honor to compete at the National Slam Poetry competition this past week.  There were 72 teams, from the United States and Canada, that attended this week long event. This year the competition was held in the fabulous city of Charlotte, N.C. 



Here is a recap of some of the beautiful outfits that I saw the fierce poets working! Please take a gander at the gems that I was able to snap at the post finals party!










It was so much fun to see all the different styles, prints and color combinations that these and other amazing poets wore! Plus, the shoes were otta sight! Well done, ladies! Way to work those curves!



No comments:

Post a Comment